Once you reach the premises of University of West Attica-UNIWA (ex. TEI Piraeus) you should look for Building Z, section B, (ex. Electronics Engineering Dept.). In Greek it is pronounced “Ktirio Zeta”, which means Building Z. CoNSeRT labs are is located at the 1st floor of the building. Room number is ZB109 and the neighboring ZB107, with the windows seen from the SW side of the building, where there is also an entrance).
You get off at Metro Station Egaleo (pronounced «Stathmos Egaleo» in Greek). This is served by Metro Line 3, towards towards Aghia Marina and the line serves also the Athens airport.
Then you take either bus no 703 (click here for routes and schedules) or bus no 845 (click here for routes and schedules) Direction PEIRAIAS and get off at the PAN/MIO DYTIKIS ATTIKIS-ARCHAIOY ELEONA.
Your bus stop will be near the parking lot of JUMBO store so you can ask people to inform you when you are approaching the JUMBO store (it is huge and everyone knows it).
Once you get off at the stop, at the opposite side of the road, you will see the entrance of the University campus (Address is Thivon 250 street).
In the following link, you can see a 360 video (move around the screen to see the front) that starts from the entrance of the University in Thivon street and up to min 1 takes you to our building. Also from 2:37 (see the electric bus parked to the left of the car where the 360 camera is mount) up to 3:44 it takes you to our building passing from both entrances: 360 video link
Also, in the following video (drone video link),
– The first 15 seconds show our building, where the windows on the first floor all belong to rooms of the lab (you should go to ZB109 room).
– At 1:00 the white building on the right is the second guard post that you will see if you come by metro and from the JUMBO store. There is a long 100 meters road from the first guard post to the second.
– At 1:54, the same building is on your left, and on your right, with the solar panels on top, the docking point for the electric bus of the University.
– From 3:03 to 3:06 is the other entrance of our building, and you will probably see this first if you come by metro and the JUMBO store direction.
There are not many hotels near UNIWA. As a general recommendation:
1. Book a hotel near metro line 3, and near the center, (at stations Megaro Mousikis, Sindagma1 , Evangelismos, Monastiraki there are plenty of options) which will allow you to be in Egaleo station in less than 30 minutes maximum if you select one of the previous stations. From there you can take a bus or even a taxi (the latter will take less than10 mins to reach our premises and if you walk up to Thivon street on the direction towards Piraeus, about 200 meters from the station, it will take you about 5 minutes).
2. Book a hotel near UNIWA (near Karaiskaki square or Pireos street, which will be about 15 minutes by Taxi from UNIWA). A good (quite inexpensive) choice is Stanley hotel, which is close by taxi.
You can book any hotel at the center (Sindagma, Monastiraki, Acropoli) which are all very near to the historical center where there a lot of options regarding restaurants, bars and cafes. You will find a lot of hotels there and since the competition is high, you may get a good value for your money, while the historical center is within walking distance (less than 5 minutes).
Evangelismos station is a bit further away (20-30 minutes walk to the historical center, but only a few minutes away from the previous metro stations). From Evangelismos metro station there is a direct metro line (line 3), which takes you in about 30 mins to Egaleo metro station and can take you also directly to the airport (about 40 mins trip, with the trains to the airport leaving every 30 mins, while you should calculate about 10 mins walking to the terminals). Near Evangelismos, there are 4 and 5 star hotels. For example, Best Western Ilissia (next to the Hilton) is a good choice. If you can afford (or your organization has a special arrangement), hotels like the Hilton, Crown Plaza and Divani Caravel are located within a distance of 500 meters from Evangelismos station.
1 Though Sintagma is a hub (buses to the airport also leave from here), and is on the direct (line 3 to Egaleo), you should be careful, as some times the station is closed.